One of the most caring, loving things you can do for your family is to leave detailed information which permits them to make the funeral service a personal tribute in keeping with the way you wanted.
Making funeral arrangements at the time of loss is extremely difficult for those left behind. When the funeral, and sometimes even payment, have been arranged in advance, most of the decisions have been made, sparing uncertainty and confusion at a time when emotional stress may make decisions difficult.
Would it be better in your situation to plan ahead, calmly and sensibly, when you are in a normal mental and physical state, when you have full ability to reason, and when you are able to discuss arrangements with your family?
If you decide to pre-pay all or part of your funeral, First Avenue Funeral Services places your money into a trust account at Corporate Funeral Fund, where it earns interest until it is withdrawn to pay for the funeral at the time of death. Thus, as a protection to you, your money is not a part of the funeral home account or assets. Corporrate Funetral Fund reports the interest to you annually so that you will have that information if you file and pay income tax. Any additional tax that you may have to pay because of the interest earned can be reimbursed to you by the trust account upon written request to the funeral home.
You may file vital statistic and preferred funeral information with us on-line by filling in the following information:
Prefunding provides peace of mind, assures you of adequate coverage for future prices, and simplifies things for your loved ones at the time of your death. In addition, when transitions or changes in oneâ€™s life occur, it is important that the timing of making a funeral plan take place in advance so that a person may be eligible for government benefits such as Medicaid/Supplemental Security Income.
1. GUARANTEED PRICE All funeral home services charges, livery and merchandise items are guaranteed as per the terms of our Advance Planning contract.
2. SUBSTANTIAL SAVINGS You decide now what type of arrangements you want and how much you want to spendâ€¦ at a time when decisions will be made calmly and intelligently. Consequently, your family will avoid emotional overspending at one of the worst times of their lives.
3. SECURITY New York State law requires 100% of your money be deposited in a special trust fund. All accounts are fully insured to the extent permitted by law by the Federally Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
4. CONVENIENCE You can make Advance Planning arrangements in our funeral home or in the comfort, privacy and security of your own home. Flexible financing without finance charges.
5. NO HEALTH OR AGE RESTRICITIONS You can participate in the Advance Planning Program regardless of your age or health status. If required, your account will comply with all Medicaid regulations.
6. TRANSFERABILITY In the event you move from our neighborhood, your Advance Planning funeral is transferable to any of our worldwide affiliated funeral homes. By New York State law, you may change you choice of funeral home at any time.
7. MODIFICATION You can modify your Advance Planning contract at any time...without penalty.
8. UNDERSTANDING ADVANCE PLANNING STAFF Our Family Service Counselor is dedicated exclusively to serving the needs of our preneed families. We will explain all of your options and benefits in a relaxed stress free environment.
9. ELIMINATE DOUBTS Spare you family the emotional stress of making decisions during a difficult time. An Advance Planning arrangement records your exact wishes-consider it the final gift for those you love.
10. PEACE OF MIND Responsible estate planning requires many considerations. Life insurance proceeds provide supplemental survivor income and may be necessary for unpaid medical and legal expenses. Your Will distributes your estate according to your instructions. A preneed funeral contract offers your family inflation protection. By prearranging your funeral with our firm, you'll be secure in knowing that you have spared your loved ones added stress, worry, anxiety and expense at a time when their needs are most important. Call today... an experienced Advance Planning Counselor is ready to assist you